Table of Content
Article 1 Name of Party
Article 2 Supremacy of the Party Constitution
Article 3 Motto
Article 4 Slogan
Article 5 Flag
Article 6 Symbol
Article 7 Aims and Objectives
Article 8 Secretariat
Article 9 Membership
Article 10 Party Organization
Article 11 Party Organs
Article 12 Composition of Party Organs
Article 13 Powers of Party Organs
Article 14 Powers of National Officers
Article 15 Other Officers (National and Others)
Article 16 Party Administration
Article 17 Tenure of Office
Article 18 Standing and Ad-hoc Committees
Article 19 Duties and Functions of the Standing and Ad-hoc Committees
Article 20 Elections and Appointments
Article 21 Discipline of Party Members
Article 22 Party Finance
Article 23 Bank Account
Article 24 Audit and Account
Article 25 Meetings
Article 26 Quorum
Article 27 Venue of Meetings
Article 28 Common Seal
Article 29 Oath of Office
Article 30 Amendment
Article 31 Omnibus Provisions
Article 32 Interpretation
ARTICLE 33 Definitions
SCHEDULE I Oaths
CONSTITUTION OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC)
WE the true progressives and patriots determined to render service at all levels of governance; and to build a nation which will guarantee equal opportunity for all, mutual and peaceful co-existence, respect and understanding, eliminating all forms of discrimination and social injustice among Nigerians, rendering selfless service that will rekindle a deep sense of patriotism and nationalism; hereby make, enact and give the following constitution to ourselves for effective governance of our Party and promotion of its ideals, aims and objectives.
NAME OF THE PARTY
There shall be a Political Party called, addressed and known as ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS, with the abbreviation APC hereinafter referred to as the ‘Party”.
SUPREMACY OF THE PARTY CONSTITUTION
Subject to the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) and any other Laws for the time being in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the provisions of this Constitution shall be supreme PROVIDED that where any Rule, Regulation or any other enactment of the Party is inconsistent with the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, such a Rule, Regulation arid Enactment shall, to the extent of its inconsistency, be null and void and of no effect whatsoever,
MOTTO: JUSTICE, PEACE AND UNITY
FLAG: The flag of the party shall be green, white (in which a broom held hand imposed) and sky blue, all of which are placed on a red base in Which APC white painted acronym is inscribed.
SYMBOL: The flag of the party with a hand held broom on the white portion.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
The aims and objectives of the Party shall be:
- To promote and foster the unity, political stability and national consciousness of the people of Nigeria.
- To promote true federalism in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- To organize Chapters of the Party throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria and beyond.
- To sponsor eligible candidates and canvass for votes for election into all elective offices in all tiers of government.
- To consciously pursue the implementation of the policies and programmes of the Party, through those of its members that are appointed or elected into government, legislative houses and Boards throughout the Federation.
- To evolve, develop and promote an economic policy direction which guarantees public participation in, and where necessary, control of the major means of production, distribution and exchange
- To protect the interest of farmers, workers women, youth and persons with Disabilities in Nigeria and to faithfully strive to obtain for them the greatest Possible return for their labour and full participation in the Nigerian enterprise
- To promote and Uphold the practice of internal democracy at all levels of The Party’s organization
- To institutionalize maintain and foster representative democracy, discipline and strict observance of Rule of Law in the Federation of Nigeria.
- To Co-operate with any Political or other organization whose aims and objectives are in harmony with those of the Party and in Conformity with the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- To actively Condemn and resist all forms of oppression and exploitation of Nigerians
- To promote social, Political and economic freedoms and the general welfare of the people, with a View to Permanently ensuring the establishment of peace, freedom, dignity of labour, equity, fraternity and happiness for all the people of Nigeria.
- To foster and defend the freedom of the Press and the fundamental freedoms and human rights of all Nigerians and the people of the world in general.
- To pursue a dynamic foreign policy aimed at:
- Friendly and reciprocal relations with other countries,
- Good governance and democratic freedom for people of African descent and all other oppressed peoples throughout the world,
- Promotion of cultural values of black peoples all over the world; and
- Maintenance of international peace, harmony and cooperation.
- To work consciously to promote the development of science, technology and local expertise.
- To do anything ancillary or conducive to tie promotion of the aforementioned aims and objectives.
The registered office of the party shall be located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria WHILE other offices in the State Capitals, Local Government Areas Headquarters, Wards and other places shall be determined by the APPROPRIATE Executive Committee and approved by the National Executive Committee.
- Membership of the Party shall be open to any citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria who has attained the age of 18 years and who accepts the aims and objectives of the Party, provided that such a person is not a member of any other political party or any organization whose policies and programes are inconsistent with those of the Party.
- Application for membership shall be made to and cleared by the Ward Executives of the Party in the Ward of the Local Government Area where the person was born, resides, works or originates. On-line registration shall also be acceptable provided that it is cleared by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Party.
- Where an application is refused, the applicant may as of right appeal to the Local Government Area Executive Committee of the Party or to the National Secretary or National Chairman, in case of on-tine registration.
- Upon enrolment, every member shall pay the prescribed fees and shall be issued with a Membership Card and a Dues Card.
- Rules and Obligations
- Members of the Party shall be obliged to affirm the Party’s aims and objectives and conduct themselves in a manner that shall not bring the party to public odium and disrepute. Members of the party shall also observe the rules and regulations embedded in this Constitution.
- Members shall pay, as at and when due, all dues and levies as may be prescribed by any organ of the Party authorized so to do.
- Members shall participate in the activities of the party e.g. election campaigns, rallies, fund raising, functions, meetings, etc.
9.3 Rights and Privileges
- Only fully registered and financially up-to- date members of the Party shall have the right to vote and be voted for into any of the elected positions, subject to the provisions made for such elections pursuant to this Constitution or other Laws or Regulation Consequently nonfinancial members shall not enjoy the above rights.
- Subject to (i) above, members shall enjoy the privileges of the Party and shall be entitled to be appointed to any committee of the Party on the approval of the Executive Committees of the Party at the various levels.
- Register of Members
- A Register of members shall be compiled and maintained at the Ward level and be transmitted to the Secretariat of the Party at the Local Government Area, Which shall transmit a copy to the State Headquarters, which in turn shall transmit a copy to the National Secretariat provided that the Party shall update its membership records every six months and remit Updated copies to appropriate Secretariats thereafter it shall be the responsibility of a member to ensure that his or her name is duly entered in the Ward Register.
- Where a group or association joins the Party, the Party shall welcome the group or association, but each member of such group or association shall register individually at their respective Wards.
- Where eligible persons for membership of the Pay numbering THIRTY (30) or more reside any country outside Nigeria, they may establish a chapter of the party and shall enjoy full benefits of membership.
- For the purpose of obtaining the approval of the National Executive Committee, such interested members shall appropriately be registered by the National Secretariat of the Party and proper congress for the election of officers conducted by the National Secretariat
- Township and other local meetings shall only be recognized by the National Executive Committee approved Diaspora chapter
- Cessation of Membership
- Membership of the Party shall be terminated by death, resignation or expulsion or by procurement of membership of another political party or accepting political appointment from any political party or opposition government.
- Upon resignation or expulsion, a member shall be legally obliged to return to the Party all its properties in his or her possession.
- There shall be seven levels of Party organization namely;
- The Polling Unit
- The Ward
- The Local Government Area/Area Council
- The Senatorial District
- The State
- The Zone
- The National
- Each of these levels shall have a functional secretarial except the Senatorial District and Polling Unit.
- The Party shall have the following fourteen Principal Organs:
- National Convention
- Board of Trustees
- National Executive Committee
- National Working Committee
- Zonal Committee
- State Congress
- State Executive Committee
- State Working Committee
- Senatorial District Committee
- Local Government Area/Area
- The Party shall have the following other bodies:
- Board of Trustees
- National Caucus
- Zonal Caucus
- State Caucus
- Local Government Area/Area Council Caucus
PRESIDENT BUHARI 2017 BUDGET OF RECOVERY AND GROWTH SPEECH
14 Dec 2016
Speech of H.E. President Muhammadu Buhari on the 2017 Budget of Recovery and Growth at Joint Session of the National Assembly 14th December 2016 Protocols 1. It is my pleasure to present the 2017 Budget Proposals to this distinguished Joint Assembly: the Budget of Recovery and Growth. 2. We propose that the implementation of the […]
MINISTER SEEKS GOVERNORS’ SUPPORT FOR “CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME”
17 Nov 2016
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has canvassed the support of State Governors for the success of the Federal Government’s National Re-orientation Campaign, “Change Begins With Me”, which was launched by President Muhammadu Buhari on 8 Sept. 2016. Speaking while formally unveiling the campaign to the Governors’ Forum at a meeting in […]
MINISTER HAILS REVIVAL OF CENTURIES-OLD FESTIVAL, PROMISES SUPPORT
17 Nov 2016
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has hailed the revival of the centuries-old ”Ijakadi Festival” by the Offa Kingdom in Kwara State, assuring that the festival will be one of the beneficiaries of the training for festival managers being planned by the Ministry in collaboration with its partners. The Minister gave the […]
- MINISTER SEEKS GOVERNORS’ SUPPORT FOR “CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME” on
- MINISTER HAILS ARTIFACTS RESCUERS, ASSURES THEM OF CONTINUED COOPERATION on
- Minister Presents Change Begins With Me Campaign to Police Top Brass on
- FG To Work With Northern States To Revive Durbar Festival on
- MINISTER SEEKS STRONGER TIES WITH SUDAN IN AREAS OF CULTURE, DIGITAL ECONOMY on